Sunday, September 19, 2010

Trip to Sochi

Last week the whole 7th grade split into 2 groups and flew to Sochi. 2014 winter Olympics will be held there! In Sochi we stayed in two different hotels. One was located near the Black Sea and the other one was in the Krasnaya Polyana mountains.

It was raining until Thursday when the sun came out. My most memorable experience was when we took a boat ride in the Black Sea. When we got to the center we got to swim. While I was swimming I saw a huge pack of jelly fish came by me. Luckily, they can't sting as hard because of the salt water.

The water temperature was very warm, much warmer than Pacific Ocean in California. All the kids thought the water was cold, but I'm from Cal, I'm used to much colder water.

Staying in Krasnaya Polyana made me feel like I was in the middle of nowhere. All I could see was trees and hills.

We were so high in the mountains that we could touch the clouds. Look at the picture I took!

During my trip to Sochi I felt as if I was coming back home to California. It was warm, palm trees everywhere and seaside.

If only Sochi could have In-N-Out and Mexican Food then I can really be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment