"My life so far in Moscow isn't that great! I don't have many friends, I am still trying to catch up on reading, writing, and speaking Russian, and it is REALLY different! The roads are horribly CRAZY here and the metro scares me now because of the terrorist attack.....and it is kind of boring for me here!!!" ~ Anya
September 13. By Lana
"My life so far is quite interesting! I have many friends, I can read, write and speak Russian, BUT it is REALLY DIFFERENT! After dropping Anya at school, I spend around an hour in traffic coming back home with a headache (drive to school takes 15 minutes). Anya is right about crazy driving. After today's driving I went straight to bed and slept for 2 hours, since sleep is the best remedy from stress. Especially, not sleeping through the night - was waking up few times to get up at 5:30 am and send Alex to school. His class must have landed in Sochi now. They will spend 5 days in the southern capital of Russia, going up into the mountains, enjoying the beach, etc...and getting to know each other and their teachers!
I miss, I miss, I miss waking up in the morning and seeing a bright California sun with a blue sky and not a single cloud in the sky. I've seen gray clouds every morning for the last 2 weeks. Really different. Had to give up Perricone's promise to stay healthy and young, meaning avoiding coffee and having only green tea. Sorry, Dr. Perricone, it does not work in places, where there's no sun. Enjoying my double expresso now and life is getting better. Ahhhh..." ~ Lana.
Anya...I read your post from 9/11. Just remember this is temporary and it takes time for us all to fit into a new situation and feel comfortable. Find what you like most about living in Russia and make it an adventure. Just think of all the things you want to learn about in Russia, so you can bring them back to share here at home.
ReplyDeleteI miss seeing you every morning going to school and I really miss hearing from you and Alex about what happen at school. Please smile...everything will be fine.
Bear sends licks and sniffs to you!
Love,
Denise
Anya and Lana,
ReplyDeleteI love reading your new blog! I've always wondered what it would be like to live in Russia. Now, thanks to you both -- I can learn! Anya, hang in there. You will make friends and find many things you like. Lana, I'm sorry for the stress. What a great Mom you are.
Keep posting!
Michele